The Alta Vista Community Charter School - Governance Council (AVCCS-GC) members have been elected by the Alta Vista Community Charter School stakeholders to provide leadership and citizen oversight of the school and shall ensure that Alta Vista Community Charter School (AVCCS) is responsive to the values, beliefs and priorities of the community and the mission of AVCCS to...
"Provide our students with a rigorous, relevant, and comprehensive curriculum that challenges students to use critical thinking, problem solving and 21st century skills to become responsible citizens"
The AVCCS-GC will act to set policy, approve budgets and expenditures, hire personnel, approve contracts, and ensure that AVCCS maintains high academic standards under the oversight of AUSD. The AVCCS-GC will:
- Set the direction for the school through a process that involves the community, parents/guardians, students and staff, and is focused on student learning and achievement through long-range strategic planning in alignment with the AVCCS Charter
- Establish an effective and efficient organizational structure for the school through the development and adoption of policies
- Establish academic expectations
- Establishing budget priorities
- Provide support to the Principal and staff as they carry out the AVCC-GC's direction
- Ensure accountability to the public for the performance of AVCCS
- Provide community leadership and advocacy on behalf of students, the AVCCS educational program, and public education in order to build support within the local community and the state and national levels.
AVCCS-GC consists of five members, comprised of:
- A minimum of two parent members; and
- A minimum of two community members. Community members may not have children attending AVCCS and may not be employed by AUSD or AVCCS.